Ayurveda & Hemorrhoids
Not all the natural hemorrhoids remedies suit everyone. Ayurveda identifies 3 types of hemorrhoids; associated with Vata, associated with Pitta and associated with Kapha imbalances. Let us find out how each type gets manifested in order to address it properly and effectively.
What are the causative factors?
- After pregnancy many woman experience piles.
- Also as we are aging the tissues in the lining of anus become less supportive.
- In today´s style of life, we also sit for long hours of time and we became more sedentary.
- The rajasic society, the suppression of the natural urges and the overindulgence in intercourse can aggravate them.
- Due to the improper diet lacking in good fibers and the consumption of junk food, alcohol, cold foods, etc, more people become more prone to suffer hemorrhoids as well. Digestion is the main root cause.
- Our genes also might influence the fact that we suffer or not this pathology but for sure people that are constipated often or obese have more risk.
Different types and home remedies under a practitioner supervision:
1. Hemorrhoids natural remedies Vata type:
They are usually small, dry, and irregular. They can appear by fissures or cracking of the anus. Their qualities are rough and hard to the touch, like raisins. Often, they become active after the consumption of antibiotics or after overexerted physical exercise. They are accompanied by acute pain.
• How to treat them?
Follow a Vata pacifying diet (But avoid potatoes, tomatoes, and eggplant)
- Triphala Guggulu: 1 tablet 3 times per day
- To keep the stools loose and soft, take 1 teaspoon of psyllium husks with a glass of warm milk at night, 1 – 1.5 hours before bedtime. Another option is to get 1 teaspoon of Triphala powder with warm water also before bedtime.
- Drink a ½ cup of Aloe Vera Juice with a pinch of ginger 3 times per day.
- Warm sesame oil or castor oil, dip a gauze on it and apply on the area.
2. Hemorrhoids natural remedies Pitta type:
They are usually red, irritated, inflamed and bleed. They can be very painful to the touch and they look like purple grapes. Once they break sometimes is hard to stop the bleeding.
• How to treat them?
Follow a Pitta pacifying diet (But avoid potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, spicy and fermented foods)
- Peel 3-5 smalls (must be small since they are more medicinal) purple onions into 5-6 pieces each and fry them in a ½ tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil. Eat this twice a day on empty stomach and piles will stop bleeding within 2-3 days.
- Mix 1 part of Guduchi with 2 parts of Neem and take twice a day ½ teaspoon with warm water.
- Drink between meals cranberry juice mixed with pomegranate to stop the bleeding or ½ cup of Aloe Vera Juice with a pinch of ginger 3 times per day.
- Apply coconut oil locally
- In order to keep the stools loose and soft, take 1 teaspoon of psyllium husks with a glass of warm milk at night, 1 – 1.5 hours before bedtime. Or 1 teaspoon of Amalaki with cool water at night.
- Leave overnight 1 teaspoon of Triphala overnight in a glass of water and the morning after brushing your teeth drink it.
3. Hemorrhoids natural remedies Kapha type:
This type of hemorrhoids looks like white grapes. They do not bleed and usually, they do not give problems. They are usually appearing more internally like polyps, but they are not painful.
Other general remedies:
- 1 cup of carrot juice with two teaspoons of cilantro juice twice a day on an empty stomach
- After passing stools wash area with warm water, will maintain the area cleaner and do not use toilet paper since irritating the area.
In case of any questions or doubts contact us.
Sayoni Care Team.