When you have been in contact with an Ayurvedic lifestyle advisor or practitioner regarding digestive problems you most probably have been suggested to take Cumin Coriander Fennel Tea (CCF Tea). Let us have a closer look at why this tea is so beneficial.
Ayurveda says that the brain is directly linked to the gut. In the gut, we find the enteric nervous system (ENS) which are two thin layers, made up of 100 million nerve cells, lining the GI tract. So by working on our digestive strength we also improve the brain. CCF has a beneficial effect on our digestive system aiding in the absorption of nutrients and stimulation of the lymphatic system.
Let’s have a closer look at all three individual herbs
It is beneficial for Vata and Kapha since it has a slightly heating nature. For Pitta cumin only might be too fire increasing however in combination with fennel and coriander the fire element will be balanced out.
• stimulates Agni (which is our digestive fire)
• decreases of gas and indigestion
• helps to flush out Ama (which is undigested stuff also referred to as toxic waste),
• relieves congestion
• soothes inflamed mucous membranes
• enhances elimination
• an excellent herb for pitta disorders such as urinary and digestive problems
• improves digestion and absorption
• relieves gas
• Soothes indigestion
• calms muscle spasms
• known for reducing inflammation and has even been proven to help with rheumatoid arthritis
• known for decreasing cramps
• enhancing mental alertness
• helps with strengthening Agni without irritating Pitta
• relaxes the digestive tract
• promotes the flow of breast milk
• helps with Irritated Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
• eases gas as well as indigestion
How to use it?
Blending equal parts of each herb together:
• 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp whole fennel seeds
• 1/2 tsp whole coriander seeds
Heat up 4-5 cups of water until will boil. Take 1.5 tsp of this mixture and switch off the fire. Let it simmer for 10 – 15 minutes. Filter and pour it on your thermos. You can carry it with you along the day.
Such small changes can have a tremendous effect on your overall health knowing that a healthy gut keeps the mind balanced and calm.
So why not give it a try and sip that warm nourishing tonic throughout the day?
This blog post was written by Julia Blohberger from www.juliablohberger.com