I am sure that you might hear before that should eat 2 pieces of fruit per day! It is true that Ayurveda doesn’t recommend too much raw food during fall or winter. We have prepared this easy and fast recipe, that is super comforting for these seasons! It is nourishing, easy to digest, satvic in nature and light at the same time! Try this comforting apple pear Macedonia! You can take this recipe to inspire you using other fruits from the season!
This recipe can be taken at breakfast and in a smaller amount as a healthy snack. Even though everyone can benefit from it, it is an excellent source of prana, ideal for children, for recovery, for our old ones, etc.
Ingredients: (for 2 people)
- Ghee (1 tablespoon for Vata and Pitta, 1 tsp for Kapha )
- 2 sweet apples
- 2 sweet pears
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder (reduce for pitta types)
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder (adjust to your taste). In case you don’t have the powder version you can add 3-4 seeds.
- 2 cloves
- 30-40 ml according to your liking
- Peel the fruit and cut it in 1 cms cubes. Leave it aside.
- Add the ghee in a pot at the low fire. When the ghee is hot at all the spices. Stir them for 1 minute.
- Add the fruit to the pot and remove the fruit for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, and cover the lead. Remove once in a while to make sure that all the fruits are cooked.
- Depending on the fire and the pot, the cooking process will take from 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cloves and other seeds. Add some more cinnamon if you want and enjoy it!
As you might know by now ghee is the best oil for the liver, for pitta and to balance our digestive capacity. It doesn’t burn like butter and other oils. It is tonic, emollient, rejuvenative and antiacid. Increases bone marrow, semen, and Ojas, Improves intelligence and the power of vision. How to make Ghee?
They have a great number of fibers and have a cleansing effect (especially for the liver and the gallbladder). They activate the appetite and reduce the cholesterol, ama (toxins – undigested food), heavy metals, and radiation. They help us to balance the blood sugar levels, Raw they increase Vata but in this recipe, they are antidoted with ghee and spices. The sour ones can aggravate Pitta.
they act as an excellent tonic for the lungs and help us in lung disorders, They are mildly laxative in effect and also clean the liver and the gallbladder, They are good for Vata types since they are less stringent than the apples. Kapha can take them in small amounts since they help to liquefy the mucus and the ama. They bring the cholesterol down too when they are eaten regularly. They are good for Pitta.
It is stimulant, diaphoretic, diuretic, expectorant, astringent and analgesic. It promotes the circulation, It has warming properties.
You can read its the benefits under this link: 8 Surprising cardamom benefits Ayurveda
Stimulant, expectorant, decongestant, anthelmintic, analgesic and aphrodisiac. It consumes dispel gas, eliminates nausea and headache. They are heating in nature, Pitta should not consume it in excess.
What are you having tomorrow for breakfast?