Beautiful people! We know how healthy can be to eat broccoli, but for some people is harder to digest, especially for those who fall under the Vata dosha constitution. This recipe is super easy to make and we assure you that will not give you any gas or bloated feeling! Here we go!
- 1,5 hand full of almonds
- Water 1 litre
- Lovage 3-4 steams
- 1 small onion (exclude if you prefer satvic version)
- Fresh Ginger
- Pinch of asafetida (if you have)
Step by step:
- Soak the almonds over night or up to couple of hours. Dry them, peal the skin off, roast them slightly in a pan and leave them aside.
- Cut the onion and cook it in ghee till turns a bit translucident.
- Add the Asafetida, hot water, the broccoli steams, the lovage and the ginger.
- When the broccoli is cooked, add the almonds and blend it all together. Add salt to taste, in case you need to.
- -Almonds are considered the best nut for Vata and have building and rejuvenating effect, being nutritive, aphrodisiac, anti-fatigue and anti-carcinogenic, between many other beautiful qualities.
- -Broccoli is cleansing and rich in nutrients and vitamins, especially Vitamin C, contains large amount of iron and is best for the blood and liver. It has anti-carcinogenic properties, (especially for the breast and colon cancers).
- -Lovage eases the digestion, relieving gas, fights harmful organisms, supports healthy skin, it gives a great relief on menstrual symptoms and supports the liver, the kidneys and the lungs.
- -Onions when are well cooked become tonic and building, they are aphrodisiac, anti parasitic, expectorant and great in treating cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- -Fresh ginger is an stimulant expectorant, carminative, opens the channels and clear toxins
- -Asafetida, in Ayurveda is used to antidote Vata, since its super carminative and antispasmodic. (In case you do not have you can exclude it)
- –Ghee is also tonic, rejuvenative and antacid. It removes toxins form the body.
So, what are you having tonight? 😉