Beautiful people! We know how healthy can be to eat broccoli, but for some people is harder to digest. Especially for those who fall under the Vata dosha constitution. This recipe is super easy to make and we assure you that will not give you any gas or bloated feeling! Here we go with this rejuvenative broccoli soup!
- 1,5 hand full of almonds
- Water 1 liter
- Lovage 3-4 steams (if you o not have it, you can also use vegan broth, but with lovage tastes better)
- 1 small onion (exclude if you prefer satvic version)
- Fresh Ginger
- Pinch of asafetida (if you have, it avoids gas formation)
- Salt & pepper on your taste
Step by step:
- Soak the almonds overnight or up to a couple of hours. Dry them, peel the skin off, roast them slightly in a pan and leave them aside.
- Cut the onion and cook it in ghee till turns a bit translucent.
- Add the Asafetida, hot water, the broccoli stems, the lovage, and the ginger.
- When the broccoli is cooked, add the almonds and blend it all together. Add salt to taste, in case you need to.
- Almonds are considered the best nut for Vata and have building and rejuvenating effect, being nutritive, aphrodisiac, anti-fatigue and anti-carcinogenic, between many other beautiful qualities.
- Broccoli is cleansing and rich in nutrients and vitamins, especially Vitamin C, contains a large amount of iron and is best for the blood and liver. It has anti-carcinogenic properties, (especially for the breast and colon cancers).
- Lovage eases the digestion, relieving gas, fights harmful organisms, supports healthy skin, it gives a great relief on menstrual symptoms and supports the liver, the kidneys, and the lungs.
- Onions when are well cooked become tonic and building, they are aphrodisiac, antiparasitic, expectorant and great in treating cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Fresh ginger is a stimulant expectorant, carminative, opens the channels and clear toxins
- Asafetida, in Ayurveda, is used to antidote Vata, since its super carminative and antispasmodic. (In case you do not have you can exclude it)
- Ghee is also tonic, rejuvenative and antacid. It removes toxins from the body.
So, what are you having tonight? 😉